- To offer a curriculum that provides training in basic skills in different areas of Mass Communication.
- To improve the communication ability of students, particularly in professional genres.
- To instill in students a sense of purpose, mission and ethical values in their chosen fields.
- To engage students in critical analysis of texts of the media of mass communication.
- To initiate students in the culture and habit of self study.
- To prepare professionals, who posses the ability to produce, present and disseminate information accordance with the higher standard of excellence of media organisations, NGOs and others.
- To impart students an understanding of he mass communication process, its impact on human and social sphere, and the socio-cultural environment within which it operates.
- To lead students towards, intellectual preparation that emphasises the ability to think critically and creatively, the ability to solve problems effectively in a professional context and to cope with the fast moving changes in the professional world of media.Course Content :
|Semester I||Semester III|
|1. Science of Human Communication||1. Art & Craft of Editing (Print Media)|
|2. Socio Economic Polity||2. Reporting & Editing for Electronic Media|
|3. Origin & Growth of Indian Media||3. Television & Video Programme Production|
|4. Media Language: Structure, Style & Translation||4. Writing on Current Affairs|
|5. Basic Computer Application||5. Media Management|
|Semester II||Semester IV|
|1. Mass Communication Process||1. Advertising: Principles and Practice|
|2. Art & Craft of Reporting (Print Media)||2. Corporate Communication & Public Relation|
|3. Radio Programmes and Production||3. Process of Mass Communication Research|
|4. Communication For Development||4. Issue Oriented Writing|
|5. Media Laws & Ethics||5. Cyber Communication|
Eligibility : Graduation in any discipline from a recg. Univ.
No. of Seats : 25
Course Duration : 2 years (4 Semesters)