- To provide the students and insight into the broadcast media and its relevance to rural and urban development. The course shall be a judicious blend of theory and skills.
- To train students in the basic skills which will enable them to perform entry level jobs in various broadcast media institutions, radio, Television news and advertising units, satellite and cable television networks etc.
- To expose students to the basic concepts, characteristics of Indian society to enable them to plan suitable programmes on current political, economic, environmental and rural problems.
- To understand the responsibilities and ethics of broadcast media for Indian society.
- To develop communication skills of students for broadcasting purpose.
- To prepare them as excellent professionals to meet the challenges posed by rapidly changing environment.
- To make the students aware of the state of the art technology used in broadcasting and to attract the students to join the glamorous field of broadcasting.
Course Content :
|Semester I||Semester III|
|1. Science of Human Communication||1. Communication Research|
|2. Process of Mass Communication||2. Radio Current Affairs Programme|
|3. Introduction to Broadcast Media||3. Television Current Affairs Programme|
|4. Media Language: Structure, Style & Translation||4. Producing Advertisement for Broadcast Media|
|5. Basic Computer Application||5. Graphics & Animation|
|Semester II||Semester IV|
|1. Introduction to Socio-Economic Polity||1. Media Law & Ethics|
|2. Radio Reporting||2. Issues Ideas And Challenges|
|3. Television Reporting||3. Specialized Papers:- (Any One)
(A) Business Journalism (B)
(C) Defence Reporting
(D) Rural Reportin
(E) Crime Reporting
|4. Radio Programme Production||4. Comprehensive Viva|
|5. Television Programme Production||5. Production Portfolio|
Eligibility : Graduation in any discipline from a recg. Univ.
No. of Seats : 25
Course Duration : 2 years (4 Semesters)