Best College Award – 2006
A dedicated and hard working team of 10 SBC students got laurels for SBC by winning the coveted Best College Award at D.Y. Patil College Act Fest’06, by grabbing 1st or 2nd place in almost all the events held. SBC students won in competitions like Ad. Designing, solo dance, script writing, Ad-mad show, group discussion, tattoo making, elocution, treasure hunt, singing and hair styling.
Destination – USA – 2007
Three SBCIANS were selected out of 21 from the entire country for an all expense paid three-month internship to USA, through SIFE, the world’s largest student organization.
Talkie 75 – 2007
School of Broadcasting & Communication jointly with Indian Organization of Mass Communication embarked upon to celebrate 75 years of Hindi Talkie Cinema.
The Indian Talkies completed 75 years of existence on 14th March 2007 and a great event in which the entire film industry, stars and technicians participated and the Late Legend ‘Dev Anand’ highly praised the efforts of SBC and IOMC. During the event, living legends of the Hindi Film Industry were honoured.
National Symposium on Journalism – 2009
Makhanlal Chaturvedi National University of Journalism & Communication and School of Broadcasting & Communication organized and hosted a two day symposium on “Hindi Journalism in Independent India”.
Eminent day and veteran journalists including Mr. Nandkishore Nautiyal, Mr. Vishwanath Sachdev, Mrs. Pushpa Bharti, Mr. Kumar Prashant, Mr. Lalji Mishra, Mr. Manhar Chauhan, Mr. Vinod Tiwari, Mr. Sachindra Tripathi and many more presented their views and papers during the discussion. The symposium was presided by the Vice Chancellor of MCNUJC, Mr. Achyutanand Mishra.
Indo – Hungarian Educational Exchange Programme – 2010
Under Indo-Hungarian Educational Exchange Programme, School of Broadcasting & Communication invited, received and felicitated Dr. Gyorgyi Vajdovich, an eminent Hungarian Film Historian, Professor and Researcher, for her International Research Project on Globalization of Hindi Films.
She was SBC’s guest in Feb-March 2010 and meetings & interviews with top Indian film directors and producers were organized for her.
Dr. Gyorgyi also delivered a three day workshop for SBC students on “Narrative & genre differences in scripts of Hollywood and Bollywood films”.
Best College Awards – 2011
- “College of the Year Award” by participating & winning in most categories at ‘Ray Film Festival.
- Best College Award at Mediapolis Festival
Best College Awards – 2012 & 2013
SBC students won “College of the Year Award” by participating & winning in most categories at ‘Ray Film Festival.
Other Achievements at Film Festivals by SBC Students
SBC students participated in various film Festivals & brought glory to the institute by winning / getting nominated at:
- “Ray film Festival”, Mumbai, in short films, 48 sec. one shot film & Film review writing categories.
- “Rotofest Film Festival”, Mumbai, in 3 min. short film category
- “International India Youth Film Festival” in short film category.
- “Mumbai Women’s International Film Festival” – nomination of a short experimental film ‘The Hands of Crime’
- ‘’Darbanga International Film Festival ‘’ – nomination of students film’s
- At ‘’Article 19”, Manglore – A Public service Ad. Film ‘ FEMALE FOETICIDE’ won ‘’EXPRESS AWARD’’
- ‘’Bhumika International Film Festival” – award for best PSA film & nomination for documentary film ‘The Jewel of Kashmir’
- “Frame Film Festival” – nomination of students films
Some Feats by SBC
Community Radio Stations – 2010-2013 – SBC along with Govt. of Madhya Pradesh made 3 Community Radio Stations in Jungles of Madhya Pradesh for Tribal Development. SBC even trained and empowered the Tribals to write, produce, edit and broadcast their own programmes.
In Valley with Indian Army – Northern Command, Indian Army, invited SBC students in 4 batches, 2 batches for Valley area and 2 batches for Rajouri areas, in 2012. SBC students made many documentary films even on sensitive issues like ‘Living on the Edge’, ‘Awaiting their Return’ etc. for the Indian Army, which were appreciated a lot & telecasted by the Indian Army.